Thursday, October 22, 2009

wed: a characteristic about yourself that your friends value

while i don't think this would be the first thing to come to people's minds, i think one thing that friends tend to value about me is my predictability.

this morning i picked malia up before i went to work to let her borrow my car. on the way to work we talked about various things, one being the blog. she laughed and stated about how my last blog, where i first complained about erik's homework and then did it and seemed to get into it, was so typically me.

predictable: to declare or tell in advance; prophesy; foretell: to predict the weather; to predict the fall of a civilization.

friends capitalize on teasing me knowing the reaction they'll get.

they know that if they scare me i'll scream

if they come to me to talk, i'll listen.

if they need me, i'll be there.

if they have a problem, i'll offer help

that i love new experiences

if you dare me i'm likely to do it, even if i don't want to

i make sucker bets

if i can jump it i'll want to

that i'll usually need to be coaxed into things that involve spotlights

they know if i'm trying to explain myself i'll use an analogy.

and that i'll end this list here, semi incomplete and be fine with it

i think my friends value that they know me.

1 comment:

  1. and if you go into a bar, we wont be able to hear anything you say.

    ReplyDelete