Saturday, May 30, 2009

Art After Dark, Shaker Face and Amos Lee

Friday, May 29

Went out to Art After Dark with the girls. I've been attending this event pretty consistently for the past couple months and really like it. I don't know why... it starts and ends too early, the cover is $10, the drink lines are long and the place gets hot, but still... every last Friday of the month, I find myself excited for AAD. To me it's just F-U-N.

art after dark peeps

my peeps @ art after dark

Earlier in the week Chessa told me about this blogsite she found called Shakerface... I don't have a link but my google search lead me to this site: http://www.e4.com/e4site/doitandwin/1fac374781f0c26e9ee148e43fe13a04/entry-terms.e4. Basically the idea is to relax your face and shake it side to side while a friend takes a picture. It leads to some pretty ridiculous and unflattering photos, but that's the whole purpose. It's all about the dorky fun. When Chessa sent me an email about it, I immediately got excited and promised to bring my camera out. You're actually not supposed to smile when you make your shakerface, but that was a near impossible feat for us.

chessa's shakerface






heidi's shakerface





malia's shakerface



laarni's shakerface





my shakerface




kim's funnyface





double shakerface w laarni and heidi



double shakerface with kim and malia s.



What's funny is that shakerface bears a striking resemblance to drunkface... the next time someone catches a bad drunk photo of me, I'm going to lie and say "I wasn't drunk, I was just doing my shakerface!"

And if that wasn't dorking it out enough, as we waited in line to grab our drinks, a framed opening caught our eye, so of course we had to strike our poses there as well...


me


laarni (doesn't she look like she's posing for her driver's license photo?)



heidi- aww such a cutie



a rambunctious looking chessa
At AAD they gave out free Honolulu Magazines.. when I saw the subject I found Heidi and made her take a photo for me. I wish I had gotten Kim in there as well.

we know where the good teachers are at!


After that we headed downtown to see one of my swoon-worthy musical artists, Amos Lee. He played at Next Door and while I love, love, love his stuff in my ipod or cd player, it wasn't as great at Next Door... He did a good job and was a nice live performer, but the mood was a bit too mellow and the venue didn't match. Laarni repeatedly whispered to me that it'd be the perfect concert if she were out on a grass lawn in a hammock and while I just gave her stink eye each time she said it and told her "shhh," deep down inside, I had to admit she was right.

Still though, it was fun for me.


the streets of downtown honolulu


a blurry amos lee

And that is all for now. I hope every one's weekends are off to a great start.

1 comment:

  1. haha you guys are funny! another term for shakerface is "jowler." you might check out jowlers.com for more... =)

    oh and you have grace's picture w/ my name. is it because you missed me and wished i was there with you?? haha.

    one of these days i really want to make it out to art after dark...

    ReplyDelete