Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Congratulations Dr. Massarotti!!

Sunday, May 18th...

I still remember when I first met Haane... it was when I first moved to Oahu, about 6 years ago. She and I paddled for Hui Lanakila and were in the same crew. She was good friends with Brianne, and while I knew her and liked her, it wasn't until a random trip to San Diego, that I fell in love with her as a friend.

Since then, she's become a large part of my life. We've seen each other through good times, bad times and all those in between times. We've been there to bear witness to the stories of each other's lives... seen each other's ups and downs, set backs and accomplishments. I still remember when she first decided that she wanted to go to Med School...


I was incredibly happy and proud to watch Haane through another accomplishment on Sunday. My heart swelled with pride. It's been fun and interesting to watch her journey through school. To live vicariously through her experiences, to hear about the first time she worked with a patient, the first time she had to do a prostate examination, the first time she delivered a baby by Cesarean, and so much more. Her enthusiasm and drive for learning have always impressed and inspired me.

And so, congratulations Haane!!! And, if anyone needs a good surgeon, well, I know one ;)




Yay!!! Check out the "MD" after her name!




Haane walking the line


Mother-daughter hug for the lei presentation

Haane groupies


Dr. Massarotti!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment